Illinois Chapter Leaders experience "Oscar Winning" annual conference
Chapter Competition winners honored
Follow up from 2012 Conference and other chapter items Illinois Chapter Leaders experience "Oscar Winning" annual conference
Nearly 90 leaders from 17 of the Illinois Credit Union League’s (ICUL) 24 chapters were in attendance for the annual Chapter Leaders Conference.
Hosted by ICUL and the Chicago Metro Chapter of Credit Unions, this year’s meeting was held at the Tinley Park Convention Center. With a theme of "The Oscars", the event provided an opportunity for attendees to celebrate award winning performances from the past year. For the full story, follow up items for attendees and photos taken at the event, please click here.
Chapter Competition winners honored
The Chapter Leaders Conference also included awards given to recognize winners of the Credit Union Political Action Council’s (CUPAC) annual chapter fundraising competition for 2011. They were:
- 1st Place: Southern Illinois with $34,166.67 raised. The Southern Illinois Chapter holds distinct title of only the chapter to win 1st place 13 times.
- 2nd Place: Kankakee Valley Chapter: $15,007.03 raised. Kankakee Valley has placed in the top four, 10 times over that past 13 years.
- 3rd with 10,705.39 raised was the George G. Burnett Chapter. This chapter has placed in the top three, 14 times over the last 17 years; and
- Honorable mention: Illinois Quad Cities Chapter - $10,000 raised.
- "Most Improved". This award recognizes the chapter that had the highest percentage increase in their fundraising from the prior year (prior year amount must be more than zero). In 2011, the Quincy Chapter increased its fundraising by 415.15 percent.
- Additional Honorable Mentions went to the following 11 chapters for raising $1,000 or more for CUPAC during 2011:
- Chicago Metro
- Danville Area
- Greater Decatur
- John L. Kelly
- Northern Cook County
- Northwest Illinois
- Rockford Area
- Thomas W. Doig
Other Chapter Items
Follow up items from 2012 Chapter Leaders Conference
Thanks again to the Chapter Officials who were able to join us for the 2012 Chapter Leaders Conference. Special thanks to the Chicago Metro Chapter for all of its hard work in making this year's conference an "Oscar winning performance". Nearly 90 leaders from 17 of the Illinois Credit Union League’s (ICUL) 24 chapters were in attendance.
As a follow-up, we wanted to make available additional information and resources for everyone’s benefit. These include:
- Written recaps from the day two brainstorming roundtables;
- Powerpoint presentations paying homage to historical chapter leaders and recipients of this year’s "Oscars" shown at the opening evening event;
- Information about, and how to use ICUL's Chapter Leaders listserv (Please note a separate e-mail will be sent to you via the listserv to confirm you are on it);
- Photos from the event; and
- The Chapter Leaders Handbook that was recently updated on the League’s Web site.
To view all of these resources, please click here.
Thank you again for everything you do at the chapter level. If you have any follow-up questions from the conference, please contact our Education Department at (630) 983-3417.
Chapter Leaders Listserv
Did you know that a listserv is available as a tool in which chapter leaders from around the state can effectively communicate? In case you were not already familiar, a listserv is an interactive online discussion feature in which groups of people with common interests can exchange ideas via email. An e-mail list (or Listserv) is a fast, convenient way to share information. For more information and/or to sign up for the listserv for Chapter Leaders, please click here.
CHAPTERS: WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! Please know you are welcome to share pictures and details about your chapter's activities. As part of our Indepth, we would like to include that information here on this page. Please forward all submissions to William Wille, ICUL PR Coordinator.