What do I get for my Dues?
Working Together Makes Us Strong
Your Illinois Credit Union League is here for one reason: to help credit unions succeed by working together. Your League works hard to provide the resources your credit union needs to survive and prosper. The following bullet points outline the three core services available to you through your League — Information, Legislation and Education — as well as myriad other products. Please use as many as you can, as often as you can.
- An informative interactive Web site, with an extensive library of compliance information.
- The collective strength and unity of the entire credit union movement.
- Full-time lobbying activities at the state and federal levels to ensure a favorable legislative and regulatory operating environment for credit unions.
- Immediate assistance on a wide variety of legal and technical topics via a toll-free number.
- Educational scholarship and grant assistance through the ICU Foundation.
- Public relations advice and support.
- Statewide media relations programs.
- A wide array of educational conferences, seminars and self-study programs with online registration and archiving for ease and convenience.
- On-site assistance in a variety of operational and technical areas.
- Field of membership expansion — community common bond protocol with DFI; "investment area" business plan consultation.
- A chapter contact, support and communications network.
- An information manual and regular legislative and compliance bulletins to keep credit unions apprised of latest laws and regulations affecting operations.
- Basic credit union and board planning sessions.
- Online Credit Union Directory updated monthly.
- Young Professionals Forums providing networking and workshop opportunities for career advancement.
- Publication of an Illinois credit union compensation survey.
- A wide variety of monthly and quarterly electronic publications, including Indepth, Weekly Governmental News, Insight, CUPAC Chronicle and Giving Back.
- Membership in the Credit Union National Association.
- aSmarterChoice.org — Credit unions can add field of membership information into a national database used by consumers seeking a credit union to join.
- A variety of listservs to provide communication and networking opportunities among various credit union groups.
- Small Credit Union Resource Center.
Value Added Items
ICUL Service Corporation - Helping Credit Unions Compete
In addition to the services available from your League, credit unions can also take advantage of a wide array of products offered through ICUL Service Corporation, the League’s business subsidiary that is structured and functions as a credit union service organization (CUSO). Together, the League and Service Corporation take advantage of economies of scale in the research, development and implementation of high quality products and services. The Service Corporation provides credit, debit, pre-paid debit and ATM services to one-third of the nation's credit unions operating in 49 states.
- Member Access ATM Network, providing efficient and cost-effective ATM availability, with access to all major networks.
- cuMONEY, a prepaid debit card program that can be used at ATMs or merchants. Members may reload values through a website.
- cuCASHSM, a total turnkey ATM program for smaller credit unions.
- cuCheck, a point-of-sale debit card program, including ATM access.
- Cash AmericaSM, the alliance of Service Corporation ATM Network member credit unions, which affords credit union cardholders surcharge-free access to the terminals of participating credit unions.
- Gemini, a full service VISA/MasterCard credit card program, which provides credit unions with comprehensive card administrative support services.
- ApolloSM, offering a cost-effective way for smaller credit unions to provide VISA cards to members.
- EZ Launch, a credit card program for credit unions that do not want to hold card receivables in their own portfolios. The Service Corporation will also purchase credit union credit card portfolios.
- VISA Gift Cards, provide credit unions the opportunity to offer VISA Gift cards to their members risk-free at the most favorable price in the industry.
- cuTravel Money, a prepaid VISA travel card that includes "travel benefits" and can be used at ATMs and merchants world wide.
- Creditors Resource Service, offering credit bureau screening, delinquency control review, pre-collection for loans 30-90 days delinquent, core collections for loans 90-180 days delinquent, national skip tracing, repossession placement, bankruptcy claim recovery, post charge-off collection recovery and training workshops.
- Bill Pay/Home Banking, Service Corporation offers a premium online payment service, turnkey and ready to integrate with your existing online program. Your credit union can select one service or a combination of both services in an affordable and easy way.
- Family Card, a prepaid debit card that enables credit unions to engage with their young members and allows parents to determine the card's funding, transaction limits, transaction alerts and allowance schedules.
To view a brochure detailing more information and benefits about League membership, please click here.