EMPLOYMENT REFERRAL SERVICES. The League acts only as a clearing house for these listings and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description. Free advertising space is available to member credit unions only. Please be advised that the League no longer produces the Classifieds in hard copy form. Please e-mail ads to William Wille or Sarah Eigel. Ads will run for ONE MONTH ONLY from the date of the posting. If you wish to re-run an ad, please be sure to resubmit your request. For questions, please call the League's Human Resources Department at (630) 983-3191.
In an effort to assist our member credit unions seeking job applicants, ICUL is providing additional information about several online job resources. First, the ICUL Job Board by CreditUnionboard.com enables employers to post jobs and search through over 135,000 industry resumes. The Job board packages that are available offer members unlimited access to resumes and unlimited job postings capabilities. Job seekers can post resumes and search jobs for free. Through our partnership, ICUL members will receive an exclusive discount of up to 20 percent off on select ICUL job board packages. To proceed to the ICUL Job Board, click here.
In addition, in order to further broaden the pool for those seeking job applicants, we have several additional suggestions, including Career One Stop, NACElink, The Illinois Job Bank and CUNA. Click here for more information.
Accounting Specialist (posted 04/14/14)
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities. The Accounting Specialist is also expected to make recommendations to the manager for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Apply a thorough understanding of the functional reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Take the lead to complete the quarterly NCUA Call Report
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Initiate budget and forecasting activities
- Interface with other staff to verify transaction report data and issues
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Respond to inquiries from the manager regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Prepare financial reports for monthly Finance Committee and Board meeting
- Serve as the credit union’s liaison when dealing with external third party agencies such as NCUA examiners, auditors, vendors, etc.
- Work with the retained CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Prepare payroll bi-monthly. Complete all related deposits, reports and filings in a timely manner
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Provide input and suggestions on how to improve the overall profitability of the credit union.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Associate Degree, or higher in Accounting or Finance or Business Management, with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent experience.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Experience working in a credit union or other consumer-oriented financial institution is required.
- Must be PC-proficient. Must have a strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
To apply, please contact call Al Towns, 77th Street Depot FCU at: (773) 846-7137.
Agricultural Banker/Rural Development Financial Specialist (posted 03/20/14)
JOB TYPE: Full-time; heavy travel within State of Illinois expected.
OPENING DATE: February 28, 2014
Are you interested in working to strengthen Illinois rural communities and the Illinois agricultural sector through financing? Are you ready to put your hard-won lending skills to work improving the farm and rural economy in our State? If yes, the Illinois Finance Authority (“IFA”), a self-funded State agency, would like to speak to you. IFA seeks an experienced lending officer in the agricultural sector. Commercial and local government lending experience is a plus. Competitive salary, travel reimbursements and benefits, including health insurance and a defined contribution retirement plan, are included in the total compensation package for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Originate guarantees in collaboration with local banks; loans (participation and direct); and federally tax-exempt bonds (e.g., Beginning Farmer Bonds);
• Underwrite loans and guarantees;
• Close, service and monitor loans and guarantees with organizational support and an experienced staffer based in Mt. Vernon, Illinois;
• Workout loans and guarantee, if necessary, with access to organizational and legal resources;
• Present IFA programs to lenders and stakeholders such as local farm bureau organizations, local government officials and local economic development groups;
• Market IFA relending and revolving loan fund programs;
• Market, develop and close projects under the IFA’s local government finance programs;
• Develop new programs in response to the financing needs of today’s farm and rural economy;
• Manage administrative staff; and
• Regular travel throughout the State of Illinois.
Education and Experience
• Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of four (4) years
of college, with courses in finance, accounting, business administration, economics and/or
• Requires five (5) to twelve (12) years of experience in the origination, underwriting, closing,
servicing and workout of agricultural loans;
• Experience in commercial, local government and non-for-profit lending is highly desirable.
• Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”), Master of Business Administration (“MBA”) and/or law
degree is a plus; and
• Farm experience and familiarity with USDA Programs, including USDA Farm Service Agency,
is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires advanced business development and credit analysis skills;
• Requires advanced knowledge of agricultural, commercial and local government loans;
• Knowledge of tax-exempt municipal bonds is a plus;
• Requires advanced knowledge of office methods, procedures, standard office machines,
equipment and software including Microsoft Office Suite;
• Requires ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data;
• Requires ability to read and interpret written information;
• Requires ability to write clearly and informatively without spelling and grammar errors;
• Requires ability to speak clearly and persuasively and present numerical data effectively;
• Requires commitment to continuous improvement and developing additional skills across sectors
in addition to being a self-starter; and
• Requires ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with other
employees, vendors and the public.
Full time but a heavy travel schedule within Illinois is expected. Accordingly, flexible work hours may be negotiated.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to Sohair Omar, Deputy Director at SOmar@il-fa.com
Branch Supervisor (posted 04/14/14)
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union is the oldest operating credit union in the state of Illinois. CMECU was established in 1926 as a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative. Our goal was to give our members the ability to control their own financial destiny. This goal remains the same today as it did in 1926. CMECU is seeking a Member Service Branch Supervisor who will assists in the daily operation of the branches to maintain efficient and convenient member service that encourages growth and satisfies the service needs of the membership. Guide and manage Member Relations Coordinators and Tellers in providing quality service to members in account transactions, loan applications, and new accounts. Solve problems within established policies and guidelines; providing coaching and training of the staff supporting the overall goals and direction of the credit union, management and senior management.
CMECU offers a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Group Healthcare Plan
- 401k with matching company contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Company training
- Career advancement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and supervision to Teller and Member Relations Coordinators
- Provides direction to the branch staff and maintains office efficiency
- Monitor and report branch activity, including number of transactions, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personal sales, and new accounts
- Provide monthly supervision and annual performance appraisals for branch office staff
- Serves as resource person by providing initial training to new branch staff as well as on going training to current staff on policies, procedures, transaction proceedings, products and services
- Conduct loan interviews. Process and close loan applications to finalize loan which can include MRC duties
- Provide routine information on credit union services and policies
- Manage and recommend the purchase of branch office inventory/supplies
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within the business environment
- Proven sales record and interest in sales
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Bachelor degree in Business
- Supervisory experience required preferably in the banking or credit union industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and bend.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please visit Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union at www.cmecuonline.org and click on Careers at the top of page.
Branch Operations (posted 03/17/14)
HealthCare Associates Credit Union, a growing $270 million financial institution has an opportunity for an experienced Branch Manager to join our Des Plaines team. This position will have the overall responsibility of ensuring the successful operation of the branch and being actively and productively involved in all aspects of branch operations. This will include, but is not limited to, being an ambassador for the credit union, managing and coaching branch staff, ensuring all policies and procedures are being adhered to, attracting and building new business, solidifying and strengthening existing relationships, fostering a sales and service culture and the processing of member transactions.
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
We offer a highly competitive salary, 401K, pension, tuition reimbursement and other outstanding benefits. Applications may be completed in person between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Resumes, including salary history, may be mailed or emailed to: Human Resources Department, HealthCare Associates Credit Union, 1151 E Warrenville Road, Naperville, IL 60563; E-mail: email@example.com; Fax: 630-717-4703; Equal opportunity employer m/f
- College degree or equivalent educational or work experience
- 3-years underwriting experience in consumer loans
- 3-years of successful direct supervisory experience in a financial institution
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations governing consumer banking
- Ability to communicate effectively via a written and oral medium
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer software knowledge, i.e. Word and Excel
Chief Financial Officer (posted 04/15/14)
APEX Financial Credit Union located in Florissant, Missouri is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for asset/liability management, accounting, budgeting, liquidity, investments and financial reporting. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of two years of experience with a financial institution. The CFO provides critical input to the strategic direction of the credit union, monitors industry trends and is the primary contact with outside auditors and regulatory authorities. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of success and management skills. For immediate consideration, please send resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
Collections Specialist (posted 04/14/14)
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union is currently seeking a self-motivated individual who can work independently and have the drive to move ahead to join our Collection Department. We are located in downtown Chicago. Our Credit Union is growing and committed to employee growth and customer satisfaction. Contact: If you are interested in our employment opportunities, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com,
Title: Collections Specialist
Reports To: CFO
Supervises: Collections Staff
Job Summary: Responsible for administration and operation of the Collections Department. Ensures staff adheres to departmental policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations. Additionally, provides consistent direction and leadership to collections staff.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in collections. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- On delinquent loans determine when loan collateral should be repossessed
- File claims, attend hearings and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings
- Prepare collection department updates and reports for management’s financial and operational reports
- Establish and maintain effective collection procedures on loan accounts that are late and potentially delinquent, charging them to reserve
- Review invoices from attorneys retained for collection
- Authorize legal proceedings
- Contact delinquent members via telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to current status
- Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts
- Update and log activity on accounts through delinquent loan recovery system
- Obtain credit bureau reports
- Monitor departmental budget
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts, and changes
- Service all overdrawn accounts
- Assist members with delinquent loans to resolve delinquency
- Calculate and correct payments for error corrections on loan accounts
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures
- Provide direction and leadership to collections staff through quarterly supervision and annual performance appraisals
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit union history, philosophy, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Collections department and the credit union.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The responsibilities outlined in this document serve as a general description of the job function. It is not exhaustive in expectations or qualifications and should not be interpreted as such. Further, this document is not to be interpreted as a contract or guarantee of employment.
Electronic Services Associate (posted 04/14/14)
Location: Warrenville, IL
- Competently perform the daily operations for the Electronic Services Department.
- Provide phone support as needed for internal and member inquiries.
- Volume, quality and risk sensitivity for all products is extremely high.
- All deadlines must be met to adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of procedures, laws and regulations regarding Electronic Services to ensure that daily operational functions are in compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete processing of Domestic Wire-out and Wire-in transactions, balancing and service message follow-up.
- Process International wires with third-party vendor.
- Western Union data input and end of day balancing.
- ACH file processing with emphasis on rules and regulations.
- ACH exception item handling and reconciliation.
- Monitor Fed account balance positioning throughout the day to ensure no overdrafts.
- Import/Post all member adjustments.
- Post all journal vouchers that are submitted for posting to various general ledger accounts as well as investments. Balance department general ledgers.
- Import Fed cash letter withdrawals and deposits.
- Provide correspondence for returns, member adjustments, and confirmations.
- Monitor MRM and respond to all tickets assigned to the Electronic Services Department.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma with two-year customer service experience.
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel.
Alloya offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M/F/D/V.
Financial Service Advisor (posted 04/21/14)
Fulltime Days: Monday – Friday
Great Lakes Credit Union was organized with an uncomplicated concept: to create a financial institution which put the best interests of the members first, allowing civil servants to borrow money at reasonable rates, and have a safe place to save for the future. We put “you” first and want to make your GLCU experience a seamless, service oriented relationship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes GLCU products and services at every opportunity while maintaining favorable member and community relations.
- Provides advice, counseling and solutions to member inquiries or problems.
- Provides high quality member service and retention activities concerning accounts, shares, loans, teller transactions, etc.
- Maintains or exceeds established sales and service goals.
- Creates a friendly environment and promotes positive morale.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively use sales/service skills in dealing with members, potential members and employees.
- Ability to read and interpret information from credit reports, loan applications, and other documents in order to assess loan quality.
- Must have knowledge of financial products/services.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
Country Club Hills, IL
How to Apply:
Visit Great Lakes Credit Union at www.glcu.org Click on “About Us” then on “Employment” and complete the on-line application. Or send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Loan Officer (posted 03/20/14)
Staley Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced Loan Officer to assist members with their consumer loan requests. This position offers a great opportunity for an individual who is experienced with auto lending and home equity loans.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interviews member loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings and financial condition.
• Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decision to approve, disapprove, or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
• Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them with the member.
• Explains loan programs to members, evaluates their needs and recommends loan options as well as recommending other credit union products and services that may benefit the member, such as credit insurance, GAP and extended warranty options.
• Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
• Follows current loans to ensure compliance with terms and coordinates with collections.
• Participates in sales development activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To produce agreed upon loan volume (dollars and/or numbers).
• To sell assigned volume of insurance products.
• To sell agreed upon volume of credit union after-market products.
• To maintain a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience: Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years lending experience in order to be considered.
• Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
• Other Skills: Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Strong computer skills including Excel and Word
Interested candidates should apply by mail: Staley Credit Union, Attn: Rod Weeks, 3330 N. Woodford Street, Decatur, IL 62526; or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loan Processor (posted 04/21/14)
HealthCare Associates Credit Union is seeking an outgoing, ambitious individual to process incoming consumer loan requests (vehicle, unsecured, home equity) from application to closing. Primary duties include: new loan input, initial contact call, document preparation, loan disbursal and answering member inquiries. Interested individuals must possess strong customer service, clerical and cross-selling skills. Applicant must be a detail-oriented, organized individual with problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Prior banking experience preferred. Average typing skills (30wpm) Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Windows and basic word processing programs a plus.
We offer a highly competitive salary, 401(k), pension plan, tuition reimbursement, plus other outstanding benefits. Resumes must include salary history to be considered. Submit resumes to: HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATES CREDIT UNION, Attn: Jean Morris, 1151 E. Warrenville Road, PO Box 3015, Naperville, IL 60566; E-mail: email@example.com; Fax: 630 717-4705; Equal Opportunity Employer m/f
Loan Servicing Manager (posted 04/14/14)
If you are interested in working for a leader in the credit union industry, then we are looking for you! We are a dynamic company with growth opportunities. Our membership base consists of Commonwealth Edison, Exelon, Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University employees and students, as well as a 12-county community charter including Evanston and Rockford.
Company: First Northern Credit Union
Job Location(s): Downtown Chicago (Loop), IL
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Monday - Friday (daytime)
Salary/Benefit Notes: First Northern Credit Union offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; free life and disability plans; 401k with company match after 1 year of employment; annual performance, incentive plans and more. To learn more about First Northern Credit Union, go to www.fncu.org.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Experience in a financial institution. Experience in Collections and Repossessions. Supervisory Experience.
Related Categories: Loan Servicing, Collections, Lending Services.
Position Description: Manages Loan Servicing and Collections
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Lending Services departmental operations. Manage all loan and first mortgage servicing operations including sub-servicer relations.
- Supervise FNCU’s collection activity. Ensure that FNCU’s collection activity is conducted in accordance with current collection policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, schedule and direct departmental personnel. Develop and implement departmental procedures. Maintain policy and procedural manuals for the department. Promote positive attitudes, cooperation, and desire to assist members and cross-sell credit union products and services. Conduct performance appraisals and reviews.
- Keep current on governmental regulations related to collections, bankruptcy and loan servicing. Ensure that FNCU’s policies, procedures and documentation conform to and comply with all applicable regulations.
- Design, develop and implement related tracking systems and service reports. Prepare monthly delinquency and loan loss reports for the Credit Committee and Board of Directors using analytic tools and software programs. Attend and report at monthly Credit Committee meetings.
- Routinely audit departmental activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Reconcile general ledger accounts used by the Lending Services Department. Conduct employee performance appraisals as appropriate.
A Bachelor Degree or the equivalent in Management Experience. Knowledge of the legal aspects of Loan Servicing with extensive background related to Collections, Bankruptcy, and Repossession.
Please be advised that FNCU conducts credit checks and obtains consumer reports from consumer reporting agencies (including credit bureaus) for employment purposes only. Please fax/email resume to 312.429.6309 or CareersLS@fncu.org EOE Drug-free environment M/F/D/V. EOE Drug-free environment M/F/D/V
Member Service Representative (posted 03/03/14)
Because of growth First Security Credit Union in Lincolnwood, IL is in need of a part time members services representative 2 to 3 days a week hours flexible. Canaanites should have customer service experience. Teller and loan processing experience a plus. In addition, speaking Russian would be a nice addition. EOE To apply for this great opportunity, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mortgage Loan Originator (posted 04/14/14)
CU/America Financial Services Inc, a prominent Credit Union Service Organization and residential mortgage broker, located in Lombard, IL and serving the Illinois marketplace, is seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator to join our organization. The successful candidate must be NMLS licensed and will have a minimum experience of three years originating mortgage loans. Strong relationships with various credit union sources guarantee that qualified leads are provided.
Qualified Candidate Will Possess:
- NMLS active license
- Strong knowledge of applicable FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & VA mortgage laws and regulations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and services
- Ability to successfully multitask and manage a pipeline of prospective borrowers
- Knowledge of Calyx POINT mortgage loan origination software preferred
- Excellent customer service skills essential
- Ability to work successfully independently and in a team environment
- Established relationships with referral network preferred
Interested candidates should submit their resume and qualifications to John Ochodnicky at fax #(224) 534-3327 or email to John@cuamerica.com.
Systems Operator / Network Administrator (posted 03/05/14)
There is an immediate opening for a full-time Systems Operator / Network Administrator at our Naperville location. The primary purpose of this position is to assist HealthCare Associates Credit Union in living out our Mission, “Helping our members achieve their financial goals one solution at a time," by delivering outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position will have the primary responsibility to execute the production schedule, maintain and install updates for the financial system: Symitar's Episys, first level help desk support, and desktop/software administration. Additional responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of systems operations documents, basic network administration, and willingness and ability to be available on an on-call basis to assist in emergencies and after hours/weekend support.
1) Systems Administration
- Primary role in the execution of the Daily Production Schedule.
- Back-up security administrator for core financial system, Symitar's Episys.
- Major role in the Installation and updating of batch jobs, help and letter files, and approved PowerOn programs for core financial system, Symitar's Episys.
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, automated tools, and network scripts and policies.
- Create and maintain desktop images as well as prepare and distribute desktop computers and other devices to end-users.
- Package, test, deploy and update software.
- Create and remove network security and third-party access for end-users.
2) Information Services Support
- First level help desk contact - research and resolve processing errors, software, hardware, and user issues and provide advice and training to end-users.
3) Network Administration
- Basic troubleshooting and correction of connectivity issues over WAN, ATM, and VPN networks.
- Respond to issues identified by the network monitoring systems.
- Identify and resolve issues with network communications, hardware, and third parties.
- Assist in maintaining documentation of network systems, operational procedures, network topology, and hardware inventory.
- Previous financial institution experience and Symitar Episys knowledge required.
- Must be a self-directed individual with a high degree of analytic ability, and be flexible in adapting to needs of a growing organization.
- Have an Associates Degree or equivalent experience in the area of networks and process oriented systems.
- Knowledge of Windows XP, Vista/7 and 8, and Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite and administration of Active Directory networks are required.
- ShoreTel VOIP phone system management, VMWare experience, SAN management, and an understanding of relational databases and SQL are a plus.
Please apply by email to: email@example.com or mail to HACU, Attn: Information Services, 1151 E Warrenville Road, Naperville IL 60563.
Teller (posted 04/21/14)
Valley Bell Credit Union (Elgin, IL) is seeking a part time teller (20-30 hours per week). Past credit union and/or banking experience an asset. This position involves assisting members with daily transactions, opening and closing the branch, and accurate cash balancing. No benefits are offered on the part time teller position. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please send resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Teller, Part-time (posted 03/24/14)
The North Side Community Federal Credit Union is a 40-year old member-owned community development financial institution serving the diverse neighborhoods of Lakeview, Uptown, Edgewater, and Rogers Park. North Side focuses its products and services on the low-income and unbanked segments in the community, offers savings and checking accounts with no minimum balance, invests heavily in financial education programs, and prides itself on providing an alternative to predatory financial service providers such as payday lenders. We are seeking a part time teller that is independently motivated, has outstanding collaborative abilities, and who has demonstrated skills in serving members. The teller must be able to perform effectively in a high volume, fast paced, work environment and provide quality service to meet our members’ financial needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Performs routine member transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, and prepaid card reloads in a courteous, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Identifies solutions for members' financial needs by being knowledgeable about North Side Community Federal Credit Union's products and services.
- Responds in a professional manner to members' inquiries, requests, problems, or complaints; guides members to the appropriate staff for specific information and assistance.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the credit union's teller platform and other related equipment.
- Prepares individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as requested.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated balance sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancy to the supervisor.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Complies with all federal, state, and organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but not limited to) the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Must fully understand credit union products and services and be able to assist members to use these products and services. Has the responsibility to have a cooperative and positive attitude toward members and credit union staff while maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of teller, customer service, and/or cash handling experience. Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Credit union knowledge desirable. Proficiency with personal computers, calculators, and other office equipment.
Commensurate with experience
*This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a semi-monthly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com to fax to 773-769-6800.
Teller Services Supervisor (posted 04/02/14)
KCT Credit Union, a growing community credit union, is seeking Teller Services Supervisor for our Elgin location. KCT Credit Union has locations in Aurora, Elgin and Geneva. KCT Credit Union offers an exceptional benefit package for full time employees that include: health and dental insurance, 401k program, paid vacation and sick days, 10 paid holidays per year, life insurance, long-term disability, and long-term care insurance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementing existing policies, procedures, and systems involving teller operations
- Coordinates, directs, and assigns work
- Answers Teller’s, Senior Teller’s and Asst. Teller Supervisor’s questions, resolves more complex problems, and oversees balancing
- Responsible for smooth flow of Teller lines, adequate window coverage, and training and supervision of Tellers, Senior Tellers and Asst. Teller Supervisors
- Oversees provision of a full range of teller services (including phone and mail) to members and prospective members
- Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served
- Cross sells credit union services
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of related experience in financial institution, with minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Well organized
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory and training abilities
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude
- Solid math skills
Interested candidates please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (847)741-0712 or simply complete an employment application at our website www.kctcu.org. EOE.