EMPLOYMENT REFERRAL SERVICES. The League acts only as a clearing house for these listings and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description. Free advertising space is available to member credit unions only. Please be advised that the League no longer produces the Classifieds in hard copy form. Please e-mail ads to William Wille or Sarah Eigel. Ads will run for ONE MONTH ONLY from the date of the posting. If you wish to re-run an ad, please be sure to resubmit your request. For questions, please call the League's Human Resources Department at (630) 983-3191.
In an effort to assist our member credit unions seeking job applicants, ICUL is providing additional information about several online job resources. First, the ICUL Job Board by CreditUnionboard.com enables employers to post jobs and search through over 135,000 industry resumes. The Job board packages that are available offer members unlimited access to resumes and unlimited job postings capabilities. Job seekers can post resumes and search jobs for free. Through our partnership, ICUL members will receive an exclusive discount of up to 20 percent off on select ICUL job board packages. To proceed to the ICUL Job Board, click here.
In addition, in order to further broaden the pool for those seeking job applicants, we have several additional suggestions, including Career One Stop, NACElink, The Illinois Job Bank and CUNA. Click here for more information.
Accountant, Full-time (posted 10/30/14)
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union is the oldest operating credit union in the state of Illinois. CMECU was established in 1926 as a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative. Our goal was to give our members the ability to control their own financial destiny. This goal remains the same today as it did in 1926. CMECU is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant 1 to join our team. As a member of the team you will work with the accounting team and CFO, and will be responsible for the completion and maintenance of general ledgers, reconciliations, budget and financial reports. Additional responsibilities include monthly analysis of general ledger accounts, revenue and expense analysis and monthly financial statements.
Contact: If you are interested in our employment opportunities, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Payroll Processing
- Post and reconcile daily transmissions and exceptions
- Post and reconcile daily credit card settlement reports
- Daily reconciliation of teller activity and checks disbursed
- Daily reconciliation and journal entry posting of activity on Federal Reserve and correspondent bank accounts
- Post credit disability and credit life insurance payments to member accounts
- Reconcile money order activity
- Analyze, research, and post adjustments
- Reconcile traveler’s check activity
- Post general ledger entries to reflect various activities
- Maintain working knowledge of various accounting software programs
- Reconcile Board of Education, BCBSA, BCS Financial and City Payroll deduction postings as well reconciliation of appropriate general ledger
- Post collection agency recovery payments and reconcile appropriate general ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Assist with audits
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Accounting department and the credit union
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years experience in Accounting function. Must have knowledge of GAAP and IRS regulations. The responsibilities outlined in this document serve as a general description of the job function. It is not exhaustive in expectations or qualifications and should not be interpreted as such. Further, this document is not to be interpreted as a contract or guarantee of employment.
Accounting Manager (posted 10/30/14)
IL Community Credit Union – Genoa, IL
Responsible for overseeing and directing all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable, fixed asset, and cost accounting. Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data. Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to Credit Union records, files, and statements. Assists with financial and variance analyses and budget preparation. Provides managers with information necessary for decision-making. Directs, trains, supervises, and appraises accounting personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training is required. Financial institution experience preferred. Prior supervisory or management experience definitely required. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should contact Gwenn at email@example.com.
Assistant General Counsel (posted 10/15/14)
The Illinois Credit Union System, a statewide trade association with a business subsidiary and multiple business partners, has an immediate opening in its corporate law department for an Associate General Counsel. The position focuses on legislative and regulatory research and analysis, with an emphasis on compliance. The successful candidate must be detail minded and possess strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak to groups on legal and technical issues. Previous finance and/or financial institution experience helpful. Knowledge of consumer regulations essential. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 401(k)/pension benefits. Only those candidates who include a salary history will be considered. If interested, please forward resume and salary requirements to: Illinois Credit Union System, Attn: Human Resources, 1807 W. Diehl, P.O. Box 3107, Naperville, Il 60566-7107 or Email : ILCU_HR@ilcusys.org; No phone calls please! EEO Employer M/F
Branch Manager (posted 10/30/14)
IL Community Credit Union – Sycamore, IL
The Branch Manager will be responsible for directing and administering the operational effort of the Credit Union Branch, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed, including training, directing and supervising branch staff, and ensuring members are promptly and professionally served. He/she will be responsible for developing new business throughout the community and within the current membership. He/she will participate in a full range of services to members, including loans. Credit Union or Bank Branch Manager experience absolutely required. Interested applicants should contact Gwenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Representative (posted 10/06/14)
NorthStar Credit Union
630.393.7201 X 220
Collections Specialist (posted 10/30/14)
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union is currently seeking a self-motivated individual who can work independently and have the drive to move ahead to join our Collection Department. We are located in downtown Chicago. Our Credit Union is growing and committed to employee growth and customer satisfaction. Contact: If you are interested in our employment opportunities, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com,
Title: Collections Specialist
Reports to: CFO
Supervises: Collections Staff
Job Summary: Responsible for administration and operation of the Collections Department. Ensures staff adheres to departmental policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations. Additionally, provides consistent direction and leadership to collections staff.
- On delinquent loans determine when loan collateral should be repossessed
- File claims, attend hearings and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings
- Prepare collection department updates and reports for management’s financial and operational reports
- Establish and maintain effective collection procedures on loan accounts that are late and potentially delinquent, charging them to reserve
- Review invoices from attorneys retained for collection
- Authorize legal proceedings
- Contact delinquent members via telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to current status
- Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts
- Update and log activity on accounts through delinquent loan recovery system
- Obtain credit bureau reports
- Monitor departmental budget
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts, and changes
- Service all overdrawn accounts
- Assist members with delinquent loans to resolve delinquency
- Calculate and correct payments for error corrections on loan accounts
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures
- Provide direction and leadership to collections staff through quarterly supervision and annual performance appraisals
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit union history, philosophy, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Collections department and the credit union.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in collections. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The responsibilities outlined in this document serve as a general description of the job function. It is not exhaustive in expectations or qualifications and should not be interpreted as such. Further, this document is not to be interpreted as a contract or guarantee of employment.
Financial Service Representative (posted 10/17/14)
NorthStar Credit Union
630.393.7201 X 220
HR Manager (posted 10/17/14)
Great Lakes Credit Union is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to manage employment, recruiting, employee benefits, HRIS, payroll, and all related compliance and reporting. This position is located in our North Chicago office, and will pay frequent visits to branches in Lake, Cook, Kane and Kendall Counties in Illinois. Please read the duties and requirements below, and if you are interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Great Lakes Credit Union, please visit www.glcu.org.
- Manage recruiting and staffing activities, and conduct sourcing, interviewing and pre-employment screening. Develop and maintain all related reports and communication.
- Manage payroll activities to ensure accurate and timely bi-weekly payrolls.
- Manage employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability.
- Administer 401k retirement program.
- Supervise department staff, providing coaching and training.
- Develop and maintain open and effective working relationships with GLCU staff and the management team.
- Continually assess operations to ensure efficiency, and ensure a high level of service is provided by the department.
- Provide assistance in developing and maintaining the department’s budget.
- Pay visits to employees at branches in Lake, Cook, Kane and Kendall Counties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or HR-related field.
- REQUIRED: Minimum of five (5) years of HR Management experience, including supervisory experience.
- PHR/SPHR, CEBS, and/or APA certification strongly preferred.
- Well-developed knowledge of HR principals and practices, and state and federal laws regarding employment, benefits, and payroll.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including platform/presentation skills and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with HRIS, and ability to create and maintain reporting systems.
- Intermediate level user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and productive working relationship with staff, the management team, vendors, and brokers.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required to travel among branches.
Teller, part-time (posted 10/07/14)
The North Side Community Federal Credit Union is a 40-year old member-owned community development financial institution serving the diverse neighborhoods of Lakeview, Uptown, Edgewater, and Rogers Park. North Side focuses its products and services on the low-income and unbanked segments in the community, offers savings and checking accounts with no minimum balance, invests heavily in financial education programs, and prides itself on providing an alternative to predatory financial service providers such as payday lenders. We are seeking a part time teller that is independently motivated, has outstanding collaborative abilities, and who has demonstrated skills in serving members. The teller must be able to perform effectively in a high volume, fast paced, work environment and provide quality service to meet our members’ financial needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Performs routine member transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, and prepaid card reloads in a courteous, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Identifies solutions for members' financial needs by being knowledgeable about North Side Community Federal Credit Union's products and services.
- Responds in a professional manner to members' inquiries, requests, problems, or complaints; guides members to the appropriate staff for specific information and assistance.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the credit union's teller platform and other related equipment.
- Prepares individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as requested.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated balance sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancy to the supervisor.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Complies with all federal, state, and organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but not limited to) the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Must fully understand credit union products and services and be able to assist members to use these products and services. Has the responsibility to have a cooperative and positive attitude toward members and credit union staff while maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of teller, customer service, and/or cash handling experience. Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Credit union knowledge desirable. Proficiency with personal computers, calculators, and other office equipment.
Commensurate with experience
*This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a semi-monthly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to fax to 773-769-6800.