ILLINOIS CREDIT UNION SYSTEM. To view current job openings with the Illinois Credit Union System, please see our Careers page.
EMPLOYMENT REFERRAL SERVICES. The League acts only as a clearing house for these listings and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description. Free advertising space is available to member credit unions only. Please be advised that the League no longer produces the Classifieds in hard copy form. Please e-mail ads to William Wille or Christina Janik.
Ads will run for ONE MONTH ONLY from the date of the posting. If you wish to re-run an ad, please be sure to resubmit your request.
Accounting Operations (posted 07/20/2015)
- Responsible for share draft balancing and exceptions; ACH balancing and disputes; shared branching balancing and disputes; ATM balancing.
- Prepares and maintains various reconciliations.
- Responsible for wires.
- Perform various duties pertaining to BSA
- Responsible for ACH balancing and disputes.
- Gain knowledge and adhere to SDCU policies.
- Review procedures for recommended improvements where possible.
- Assist Controller and management in various duties including audits and projects.
Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience. Financial institution experience a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, multitask, and meet strict deadlines.
Apply at South Division Credit Union via email at Accounting@sdcu.org
Collector (posted 08/05/15)
Reports to: Manager
Major Purpose: To correspond with the member, both in written and oral communications, to resolve any delinquency problems. Prepare all required documentation on accounts sent to collection agencies, attorneys, repossession agencies or bankruptcy courts.
- Be able to answer general questions concerning all types of credit lending policies and procedures being utilized by 77th Credit Union.
- Be able to interpret a member's credit report.
- Be able to assemble and process the necessary paperwork for the filing of claims with the bankruptcy courts with management's approval.
- Be able to assemble and process the necessary paperwork for the assignment of accounts to collection agencies, repossession firms and attorneys for collection with management approval.
- Be able to process delinquency notices.
- Be able to post delinquency notice fees to members accounts.
- Be able to transfer available funds from member savings account to delinquent loans.
- Be able to maintain, operate and balance a teller drawer.
- Maintain all collection files in a neat and orderly manner as prescribed by management.
- Transfer available funds to delinquent loans and process delinquent loan notices.
- Be familiar with all 77th Credit Union collection policies, procedures and practices.
- Be able to represent 77th Credit Union on all bankruptcy and legal court cases concerning the collection of any member loans, if necessary.
- Be able to work extra or flexible hours if necessary for the collection of any delinquent or charged off loan.
- Call members regarding delinquent loan balance and follow up on repayment promises.
- Be able to explain 77th Credit Union's VISA Program and Overdraft Privilege Program to members.
- Initiate necessary collection calls and letters associated with the programs.
- Process citations to discover assets.
- Process child support levies.
- Be able to do an audit on a delinquent account, when required.
- Attend training when requested by management.
- Assist, organize and maintain approved statistical reports.
- Perform other duties and functions that may be assigned by management.
- High School Graduate or GED Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of related credit union work experience or equivalent experience in related work with another employer. Collection work with another financial institution or a Bachelor of Science in Business from an accredited college is recommended
- Prior collection experience is desired
- Former experience in banking or loan granting with other financial organizations.
- Prior credit union experience desired.
- Exhibit competency in using current technology, such as computer, calculator, etc. necessary to complete required and miscellaneous responsibilities.
- Understand all 77th Credit Union credit granting, collection and membership policies.
- Pass a Basic Math Skills Test.
- Be able to write a business letter using acceptable business language with correct spelling and punctuation.
Interested candidates should e-mail Al Town, Manager 77th Street Depot Federal Credit Union at 77thstreet210@sbcglobalt or send resume to: Al Towns; 77th Street Depot Federal Credit Union; 5401 S. Wentworth, Unit 26; Chicago, IL 60653.
Consumer Lending, Vice President (posted 08/12/15)
Position Detail: American Heritage Federal Credit Union, with over $1.5 billion in assets, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is currently seeking a Vice President of Consumer Lending to lead the consumer and indirect lending functions of the credit union. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced financial executive to drive loan volume at a successful credit union. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a home equity lending program, implementing and driving an outbound sales program, increasing indirect lending volume, expanding loan origination channels, and decentralizing underwriting to maximize loan volume. Additionally, this individual will be charged with streamlining loan operations through the use of technology, and enhancing the lending staff through coaching and mentoring. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge in all lending products, five plus years of experience at a financial institution in a lending capacity, and a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or an equivalent field of study. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Company Detail: American Heritage Federal Credit Union, chartered in 1948, is a $1.5 billion member-owned financial cooperative serving over 700 sponsor companies. It is the 132nd largest credit union in the country based on asset size, and the 114th largest credit union in the US, based on number of members, with over 136,000 members and 30 branches in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, and Camden Counties. Philadelphia is a city enriched with history, arts, and culture. The city has more outdoor sculptures and murals than any other American city, and Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park is the largest landscaped urban park in the world. Home to the Liberty Bell and the Declaration of Independence, Philadelphia is one of the most iconic cities in the United States.
Questions on your next career move? Contact Marcus Cotton, VP Executive Recruiting, at 832-200-8714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Center Manager (posted 08/28/15)
Are you seeking a rewarding career and outstanding benefits with a growing organization? At Abri Credit Union, we are looking to place a qualified individual in our Contact Center Manager position. Our credit union has 7 branches with just over $316 Million in Assets. Our main office is located west of Chicago in Romeoville, IL. If you enjoy helping people succeed financially, we want you!
Location: 2350 W. McDonough Street Joliet, IL 60436
Reports to: EVP of Operations
Supervises: Contact Center Staff
This experienced Contact Center Manager will oversee our Contact Center’s day to day operations and manage projects associated with this department. The Contact Center Manager will manage the Contact Center Department in accordance with organizational policies and goals. This position will also ensure that excellent service is provided to members, employees, and business associates.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Three years of credit union (or similar financial institution). Call Center experience is required. Supervisor experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of savings, lending and online programs offered by most financial institutions.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong, positive interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Working knowledge of current regulations governing financial institutions.
- Supervises work schedules and workflow of the contact center daily operations within the established policies and guidelines.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors staff to achieve all department goals and productivity standards as well as to effectively and efficiently deliver service to members.
- Monitors and maintains all aspects of online services, including e-statements and online banking. Processes daily and monthly reports.
- Meets service levels and response time objectives for telephone calls, email, loan applications, and other remote services.
- Implements techniques that will improve staff efficiency and member service.
- Develops a sales plan based on the credit union’s strategic plan.
- Monitors ACU’s main telephone queue to ensure timely service is provided to members.
- Prepares daily and monthly reports on phone system and department statistics.
- Responsible for departmental compliance with all required regulations and policies, especially but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), Security and Confidentiality Policies.
- Evaluates employee work, coaches, recommends promotions, and assists with hiring new employees under the supervision of the EVP of Operations. Conducts performance appraisals for assigned personnel. Remains current and knowledgeable regarding Human Resources, compliance issues, and requirements relating to staff interface.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply online at http://www.abricu.com/home/careers
Chief Financial Officer (posted 08/24/15)
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union, a dynamic and growing institution located in Moline, IL with assets close to $1B, is in search of an exceptional individual to join our Executive Team as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position will serve as an Executive overseeing the area of Finance and Accounting. The CFO will work as part of the Executive Management team responsible for formulating long term objectives, goals and assist staff in developing plans that support overall Credit Union growth. This position will work collaboratively with all areas of the credit union as a top executive. This position requires the ability to analyze data and use results in a strategic manner to lead, motivate and mentor staff. A Bachelor’s degree and/or ten or more years of related experience is required. IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union offers a competitive compensation package including goal driven incentives and benefit package including 401k. Send resume with salary requirements to: HRDept@ihmvcu.org
Financial Services Associate (posted 08/24/15)
Oak Trust Credit Union is currently seeking a full time or part time Financial Services Associate at our Plainfield branch. Responsible for providing superior member service in a timely and accurate manner. Assist members, and support other credit union personnel, with all types of member transactions, and product and service concerns. Answer phones and in-person member queries. Follow up on inquiries by researching and providing accurate information and recommendations toward a solution. Please send resume to email@example.com or mail to 12251 S Route 59 Plainfield IL 60585.
Financial Services Manager (posted 09/02/15)
NorthStar Credit Union is seeking a Financial Services Manager for our main office in Warrenville, Illinois. Candidate requires strong leadership and supervisory skills, as well as being well organized in our fast paced, high volume department. Candidate must possess confident and proven loan underwriting skills in consumer, business, mortgage and indirect lending as well as the ability to adapt to a constantly changing regulatory environment. The ideal candidate will effectively oversee the department by monitoring performance standards and provide mentoring, coaching and training of staff to ensure organizational goals and objectives are achieved.
Send resumes to: c/o Lisa Kleven, VP of Lending, 3 s 555 Winfield Rd., Warrenville, IL., 60555.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confidently underwrite loan applications and new accounts in a high volume environment while adapting to continually changing regulatory obligations.
- Support the Sales & Service Manager in the development of the FSR sales, technical and people skills through observation, spot coaching, department huddles and individualized mentoring while maintaining effective employee relations.
- Demonstrate accountability for individual, department and organizational goals.
- Serve as a positive example for department staff by performing various member tasks including transactions, research, account opening, loan closings, etc. as needed.
- Problem-solve within established policies and procedures and resolve member concerns that require a management-level decision.
- Keep VP of Lending abreast of any departmental or ongoing member issues.
- Possess a willingness to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed and to accept change when required in performance of job responsibilities.
- Proactively learn and utilize new products and technologies while also supporting the training process and fostering positive adoption amongst the Financial Services team.
- Good oral and written communication skills in handling both employee and member relations.
- Identify risks and suggest potential opportunities for procedural improvement or change.
- Ensure all required documentation is complete and accurate in accordance with the lending policy and Customer Identification Program (CIP).
- Support credit union community involvement initiatives and participate in community activities.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to actively listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to take responsibility for individual and department performance and development.
- Ability to influence and support team performance and development.
- Ability to develop member relationships in order to effectively cross-sell products or services.
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions.
- Minimum of 5 years proven underwriting experience and leadership or supervisory experience in a sales environment required.
- Minimum requirement of High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Job Openings - Great Lakes Credit Union
It’s a great time to join Great Lakes Credit Union (GLCU)! We are looking for quality employees to ensure first-class service to our growing membership throughout Lake, McHenry, Cook, Dupage, Will, Kane and Kendall Counties in Illinois and Kenosha County Wisconsin. We attract, develop, and retain the best talented human resources available. We also offer Generous Employee Benefits for both Part-Time and Full-Time Employees! (Credit Union Membership and Discounts – Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance – Short and Long-term Disability Insurance – 401(k) Plan – Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and 10 Legal Holidays – Tuition Assistance - Employee Assistance Program – Incentives, Recognition, and Awards!)
Accountant I (FT) – Bannockburn, IL
Accounting Specialist I (FT) – Bannockburn, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/205794.html
Administrative Assistant Card Services (FT) – Bannockburn, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/247780.html
Administrative Assistant Mortgages (PT) – Naperville, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/248282.html
Branch Manager (FT) – Round Lake, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/222313.html
Building Maintenance Technician (FT) – Bannockburn, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/225795.html
Help Desk Assistant IT (FT) – Bannockburn, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/219200.html
Member Services Representative (FT) Call Center – Waukegan, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/201697.html
Member Services Representative (Temp.) Call Center – North Chicago, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/223333.html
Mortgage Loan Originator (FT) – Naperville, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/199398.html
Mortgage Loan Originator (FT) – North Chicago, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/247865.html
Programmer Information Systems (FT) – North Chicago, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/222099.html
Teller I (FT) – Crystal Lake, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/236805.html
Teller I (PT) – Antioch, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/197012.html
Teller I (PT) – Naperville, IL https://glcu.applicantpro.com/jobs/230109.html
Indirect Financial Service Representative (posted 09/02/15)
The primary function of the Indirect Financial Service representative position is to obtain the necessary information to process and complete consumer loan applications. This responsibility includes examining credit reports and related documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting and processing guidelines. Capability of underwriting and processing consumer loans with security that includes but is not limited to autos, motorcycles, campers, trailers, RVs or boats while maintaining quality standards set by the credit union. The focus of the position will be on Indirect lending. This includes cultivating dealer relationships through open and professional communication. Assistance with other Indirect department duties may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Review and analyze loan request from dealers.
Comply with underwriting, processing policies and guidelines when completing loan requests.
Analyze consumer credit reports to evaluate risk and make appropriate credit decisions.
Review documents to support credit decisions such as dealer contracts, verification of income and other related documentation.
Assist with tracking and or monitoring all aspects of monthly activity in the department.
Develop business relationships and build rapport with dealer partners through open and professional communication.
Actively work with dealer partners and internal staff to ensure that approved loans are funded according to established expectations.
Meet or exceed established targets for turn around time on call backs and funding.
Participate in all required compliance training as assigned. Adhere to credit union AML/BSA policy and procedures including CTR and SAR (identify and refer suspicious activity.)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Ability to work a minimum of two Saturdays a month (Other days/hours as needed)
Assist in various department projects
Perform other duties as assigned
High school Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 years related experience in consumer loan underwriting
Solid understanding of concepts, practices and procedures related to consumer lending
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Loan Processing Clerk - full-time (posted 08/25/15)
Partnership Financial Credit Union is seeking an ambitious outgoing individual to be a part of our loan team. The individual will be responsible for assisting the loan department in all areas of consumer and real estate lending. Interested individuals must be detail oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalency, previous lending experience a plus, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Please e-mail your resume to Loans@mypfcu.org.
Partnership Financial Credit Union offers a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Member Service Representative/Teller (posted 08/12/15)
Partnership Financial Credit Union – Barrington Office has a FT Member Service Representative/Teller position available. Teller or cash handling experience required. No Saturdays! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mortgage Loan Originator (posted 09/02/15)
Build relationships with members by providing service excellence with the member’s best interest in mind. Be an expert on the credit union mortgage products and services and proactively match with member needs. Exercise sound, independent judgment, ensuring all processes are accurate and complete and be a trusted financial partner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for bringing in mortgage business for the credit union through previous contacts, relationships and referrals from realtors, builders and branches
Interview potential applicants to develop information concerning their needs and other information; obtain and review pertinent financial and credit data
Responsible for approving loans for the Mortgage Department
Responsible for assisting members with information about loan products and interest rate options, preparing and sending initial disclosures to members and submitting information to mortgage loan processor
Monitor the entire mortgage loan process for compliance and consistency
Responsible for communications with the member throughout the entire process and work with the processors through to closing
Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market and changing rules and regulations pertaining to mortgages. Make recommendations to VP of Lending for betterment of department based upon information collected.
Develop and maintain internal relationships to drive cross sell opportunities for other credit union products
Develop and maintain relationships via engaging in outside marketing and promotional activities making office visits, attending open houses, trade shows and realtor events
Needed Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Sales and consulting skills
Familiarity with local real estate market and the mortgage industry
Knowledge of mortgage lending, processing, credit analysis and mortgage regulations
Knowledge of mortgage loan products, secondary market and underwriting guidelines for secondary market and conventional loan programs
Ability to comprehend, analyze and explain multiple loan programs, financing options
Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines and maintain poise under challenging circumstances
Excellent interpersonal and communication and organizational skills