EMPLOYMENT REFERRAL SERVICES. The League acts only as a clearing house for these listings and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description. Free advertising space is available to member credit unions only. Please be advised that the League no longer produces the Classifieds in hard copy form. Please e-mail ads to William Wille or Sarah Eigel. Ads will run for ONE MONTH ONLY from the date of the posting. If you wish to re-run an ad, please be sure to resubmit your request. For questions, please call the League's Human Resources Department at (630) 983-3191.
In an effort to assist our member credit unions seeking job applicants, ICUL is providing additional information about several online job resources. First, the ICUL Job Board by CreditUnionboard.com enables employers to post jobs and search through over 135,000 industry resumes. The Job board packages that are available offer members unlimited access to resumes and unlimited job postings capabilities. Job seekers can post resumes and search jobs for free. Through our partnership, ICUL members will receive an exclusive discount of up to 20 percent off on select ICUL job board packages. To proceed to the ICUL Job Board, click here.
In addition, in order to further broaden the pool for those seeking job applicants, we have several additional suggestions, including Career One Stop, NACElink, The Illinois Job Bank and CUNA. Click here for more information.
Application Developer (posted 08/04/14)
Design and develop both new software applications and enhancements to existing applications to meet business needs in accordance with Alloya's software development lifecycle. This includes analyzing requirements, gain understanding of business needs; develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing, application design and code reviews and development of technical documentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities;
- Design and develop application solutions and software in accordance with established company standards and which implement business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application problems. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Develop and perform software testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation to ensure requirements have been addressed and basic functionality works and errors are handled properly. Perform system analysis and functional testing as required.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Alloya's application portfolio, development tools, and processes. Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain an understanding of business needs to deliver accurate solutions.
- Assist and participate in the development, implementation and testing of the Information Systems business continuity plans.
- Provide estimates of project duration and development level of effort for project planning.
- Proactively manage activities related to the project to deliver within established estimates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide updates to Information Systems Management and/or project managers on work in progress, completed, planned and issues potentially impacting the one time completion or quality of work.
Knowledge and Skills
A college degree, with Computer Science as major preferred. Relevant certificates in the fields of software development preferred but not required.
Communication skills, both verbal and written inside and outside of the organization are important.
Must possess ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, and regulations as related to Alloya. Should be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Able to apply mathematical concepts to practical solutions.
Should possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
Alloya offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M/F/D/V.
Assistant Vice President Sales, Service & Training (posted 08/25/14)
HealthCare Associates Credit Union, a growing $275 million financial institution has an immediate opportunity for an Assistant Vice President of Sales, Service and Training. This position will have overall responsibility for the further development and ongoing promotion/coaching of the organization-wide sales and service culture so that the focus of all staff will continue on helping our members achieve their financial goals by identifying needs and recommending appropriate, quality solutions. Equally important is responsibility for development, implementation and ongoing enhancement of comprehensive technical/system training, internal communications and education programs that center on the success of knowledgeable, sales/service-focused skillset for all staff. The goal of both areas of responsibility is the ongoing development of engaged and highly sales/service-focused staff who utilize judgment and take initiative in order to achieve personal and organizational goals.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience with training, coaching, metrics/staff performance
- Financial sales and service management experience (Synapsys/Symitar familiarity beneficial)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership, management, decision making and problem solving skills
- Energetic personality with demonstrated ability to influence and build collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Some travel required
HACU offers a highly competitive compensation package which includes 40lK, 40lA pension, complete healthcare plan and tuition reimbursement. Resumes may be mailed or e-mailed to: Human Resources Department, HealthCare Associates Credit Union, 1151 E. Warrenville Road, Naperville, IL 60563; e-mail: email@example.com; equal opportunity employer m/f.
Branch Manager (posted 08/25/14)
Great Lakes Credit Union, Willow Springs. Great Lakes Credit Union, with 56,500 members, $648 million in assets, is looking for an experienced Manger for its branch in Willow Springs IL. Duties and responsibilities include: Manage branch operations and promote a sales and service culture. Establish relationships with community organizations and ensure a presence in the community through branch participation and/or sponsorship of community events. Manage branch staff, conduct coaching and provide them training and development opportunities. Ensure safety of all branch staff and the security of the branch facilities and assets. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, internal controls, and credit union policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with community organizations for the purpose of business development.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a supervisor or manager in the Operations department of a credit union or bank. This experience should include training, coaching for performance, and preparing performance evaluations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of lending experience in financial institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years total work experience in a retail financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of financial products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to financial institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer (posted 08/19/14)
Maroon Financial Credit Union is conducting a search for President/CEO. Located on the University of Chicago campus, the credit union is part of a diverse and growing community. This is a unique organization with a strong board of directors, a rich history and a deep commitment to serving the financial needs of its members. The CEO will be responsible for preserving the financial strength of the credit union, ensuring the delivery of competitive services and continuously improving member value. Candidates should have a deep background in financial services with experience in balance sheet and asset/liability management, a collaborative management style and a willingness to be hands-on when needed. Exceptional leadership and communication skills are expected. The position requires over five years of senior management experience with broad-based functional oversight. A bachelor’s and/or advanced degree is strongly preferred. For immediate consideration go to WWW.OROURKECONSULT.COM. Email resume and salary requirements to ESEARCH@OMACONSULT.COM. Phone 800.394.1918; Fax 650.589.8749. www.orourkeconsult.com
Collections Specialist (posted 08/04/14)
Chicago Municipal Employees Credit Union is currently seeking a self-motivated individual who can work independently and have the drive to move ahead to join our Collection Department. We are located in downtown Chicago. Our Credit Union is growing and committed to employee growth and customer satisfaction. Contact: If you are interested in our employment opportunities, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Title: Collections Specialist Reports To: CFO
Department: Collections Supervises: Collections Staff
Responsible for administration and operation of the Collections Department. Ensures staff adheres to departmental policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations. Additionally, provides consistent direction and leadership to collections staff.
- On delinquent loans determine when loan collateral should be repossessed
- File claims, attend hearings and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings
- Prepare collection department updates and reports for management’s financial and operational reports
- Establish and maintain effective collection procedures on loan accounts that are late and potentially delinquent, charging them to reserve
- Review invoices from attorneys retained for collection
- Authorize legal proceedings
- Contact delinquent members via telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to current status
- Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts
- Update and log activity on accounts through delinquent loan recovery system
- Obtain credit bureau reports
- Monitor departmental budget
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts, and changes
- Service all overdrawn accounts
- Assist members with delinquent loans to resolve delinquency
- Calculate and correct payments for error corrections on loan accounts
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures
- Provide direction and leadership to collections staff through quarterly supervision and annual performance appraisals
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit union history, philosophy, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Collections department and the credit union.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in collections. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and bend.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The responsibilities outlined in this document serve as a general description of the job function. It is not exhaustive in expectations or qualifications and should not be interpreted as such. Further, this document is not to be interpreted as a contract or guarantee of employment.
Executive Assistant (posted 08/04/14)
A state-chartered credit union has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for President/CEO. Applicant will be required to write letters, maintain centralized filing system, coordinate meetings, arrange travel, prepare reports and other responsibilities as needed. Strong computer and excellent communication skills highly desired. Minimum of five (5) years administrative experience supporting upper level management required. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Loyalty and Process Transformation (posted 08/11/14)
Build a Career with Us! Who We Are:
With over 2 billion dollars in total assets, Baxter Credit Union (BCU) is one of the nation's top 100 credit unions. BCU is a leader and innovator in the lending and financial resources industry. Serving more than 180,000 members, BCU prides itself on world class service, innovative technology, and providing long-lasting value to its members. Named to the Companies That Care honor roll 10 years in a row and Chicago’s Top 100 Workplaces to work, BCU is known for our commitment to employee success. Discover the BCU Advantage when you join us in Vernon Hills, IL as a:
Director, Loyalty and Process Transformation
Lead the loyalty and experience improvement programs in accurately assessing the voice of our membership based on gathered feedback, and providing valuable and actionable insights to the business, and effectively assisting the business in converting those insights into an improved member experience, increased loyalty, and more efficient service operation.
- 1. Promote and excite BCU’s culture of caring and continuous improvement and effectively engage all employees in the understanding and attainment of our loyalty and member experience objectives; be regarded as the subject matter expert
- Lead all aspects of the voice of member data collection, analysis and process improvement recommendations derived from all channels and collection points
- Work collaboratively with department and functional management to establish coordinated loyalty goals, define plans to achieve those goals, and lead loyalty and experience recognition programs
- Maintain accountability with business functions to distill member feedback into actionable opportunities, convert these opportunities into experience improvements, then track execution and success
- Lead process transformation efforts to create summary business cases that identify gaps/failures in the member experience, recommend solutions to improve this experience and quantify the benefits
- Prioritize recommendations to deliver the greatest improvements to member experience, productivity and financial efficiency by holistically evaluating opportunities so to best direct finite resources
- Co-lead with BCU HR the internal service and loyalty program; collecting and providing feedback to internal functions
- Position Requirements:
- B.S. or B.A. required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer experience management
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience
- Demonstrated project management in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated strength in the ability to analyze data and understanding cause and effect relationships
- Must be an energetic, self-motivated leader with the ability to present to and develop strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Experience working with a Net Promoter Score program a strong plus
- Process improvement and/or project management certifications a plusW
What We Offer:
Employees at BCU experience a flexible, aggressive, and educational work environment where employees are provided with both the internal support and educational tools they need to succeed professionally and personally. Our culture continues to be one of managing exciting growth with strong teamwork and dedication. Our commitment to world-class service, and to your success, includes a comprehensive training program, an aggressive compensation plan, superior benefits, a dental plan, life insurance, a company-matched 401(k), vacation and sick benefits, and a level of continuing support that is unique in our industry.
Industry: Financial Services
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Vernon Hills
Organization: Credit Union Support
How to Apply:
Member Services Representative (posted 08/25/14)
HealthCare Associates Credit Union, a growing $278 million financial institution has an opportunity for a Member Services Representative to join our team at our Naperville location. This position will have the overall responsibility of helping our members achieve their financial goals by delivering outstanding service to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of each member and recommend an appropriate quality financial solution. In addition, this position will have the overall responsibility of providing the members with accurate, efficient, and courteous service focusing on the following: opening of new accounts; maintaining member records; responding to member’s needs; processing member transactions through the mail, by phone, or in person and accurately balancing work.
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior financial institution experience helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff to maintain a team work environment
- Basic math skills necessary for balancing and cash handling; working knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to communicate well with the members, as well as, a strong desire to help the members with their financial needs
We offer a highly competitive salary, 401K, pension, tuition reimbursement and other outstanding benefits. Resumes, including salary history, may be mailed or emailed to: Human Resources Department, HealthCare Associates Credit Union, 1151 E Warrenville Road, Naperville, IL 60563; Email: email@example.com; Fax: 630.717.4703; Equal opportunity employer m/f
Member Service Representative (posted 08/04/14)
Reporting to: Assistant Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Note* if this position is not held in the branch, MSR will report to the Branch Manager)
Patelco Credit Union, with assets now totaling more than $3.6 billion and 270,000 members nationwide, we are looking to fill the position of Member Service Representative. We are among the largest credit union in the nation today. As a not-for-profit, full service financial institution, what we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focus on transparency, simplicity, and trust. As we are member–owned, our vision is to be our members' relevant, trusted and preeminent financial services provider. As such, we will return superior value to our member–owners. In this role, you will have the ability to provide superior customer service to all our members with Patelco products and services.
§ Providing quality customer service to credit union members
§ Conducting daily routine transactions such as deposits and withdrawals on accounts
§ Open new accounts for new and existing members
§ Offer the many products and services provided by the credit union
§ Cash handling and balancing, ATM balancing and vault teller functions
§ Perform other duties as assigned
§ Must have HS Diploma/GED
§ One year minimum of excellent cash handling experience
§ Possession of strong customer service and sales skills, especially in a banking or retail
§ Excellent computer skills MS Windows and MS Office (Word & Excel)
§ Ability to be well organized, team-player, motivated and flexible with working hours
§ Outstanding oral and written communication skills
§ Ability to perform multi-task and detail oriented
§ Demonstrated ability and desire to thrive in a challenging fast paced work environment
§ Primary work activities involve using a keyboard and computer to assist members
§ Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
§ May be required to travel within branch network for training or staffing assistance
Personal Banker (posted 08/11/14)
ABRI CREDIT UNION in Woodridge needs a Full-Time Personal Banker. Please visit our career page to view job requirements and to apply online at www.abricu.com. No calls please. EOE
Part Time Tellers (posted 08/25/14)
NuMark Credit Union is looking for PT Tellers at its Countryside location. Hours are approximately 24 hours per week including Saturdays from 8 to 1pm. Sales and cash handling experience required. Interested candidates should fill out an online application on our website at www.numarkcu.org. or fax your resume to Human Resources at 815-729-3228. EOE
Vice President (posted 08/19/14)
North Star Community Credit Union, an $80 million credit union located in Cherokee, Iowa is seeking a strong candidate for their next Vice President. The Vice President will report to the CEO and will have direct responsibility for the lending, human resource and compliance functions of the credit union. The successful candidate will have a strong consumer lending background including hands-on experience in granting, packaging and selling mortgage loans on the secondary market. Commercial lending experience is a plus. The vice president will be a highly motivated strategic thinker and will be proactive in bringing forward ideas for new and progressive products and services for the credit union. Experience in managing, supervising and coaching others is key to this position. Management experience in the credit union or other financial services industry is required. The ideal candidate will have a college degree, although comparable work experience and specialized training plus additional licenses and certifications needed in the lending environment will be considered. Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until August 30, 2014.